So, my husband loves Oreos. No really, if he could marry an Oreo, I think I might be out of a job. I decided to see if there were any desserts I could make using Oreos as a main ingredient, so I hopped on Pinterest to find something awesome. I had pinned a few different desserts involving Oreos, so the only thing I had to do was narrow down what I wanted to try making first. And, since I couldn’t pick just one, you get two recipes to choose from. Both of these recipes are ridiculously easy, & taste like they take hours to make!
First up, No Bake Oreo Truffles:
- 1 package Double Stuffed Oreos
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (you can add up to 8oz, I added about 5.5, because I liked that consistency)
- Dipping Chocolate (I used vanilla melting blocks from Michael’s)
- Finely chop Oreos in a food processor. Save some of the crushed Oreos to garnish your truffles (You won’t need that much)
- With your hands or a spoon, mash softened cream cheese & crushed Oreos until well combined. *
- Roll into 1″ balls & place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- While in the freezer, melt chocolate according to the directions.
- Pull the Oreo Truffles out of the freezer, & dip into chocolate. At this time you can garnish with the set aside Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets.
- Let chocolate set, refrigerate, & then wow everyone with your amazing truffle-making skills!
*I also set aside some of the Oreo crumb/cream cheese mixture in another bowl, & added a bit of Nutella (I am obsessed with Nutella, it is magical). I loved how the truffles with Nutella had an even creamier taste… but beware, they are obviously richer since you are adding even more chocolate to the mix!
Next up, Oreo Pudding Poke Cake:
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix (I used the dark chocolate fudge cake by Duncan Hines, but any choco cake mix will work)
- Ingredients needed to make cake (eggs, oil, and water)
- 2 (4 oz.) packages of Instant Oreo pudding
- 4 cups milk (2% or higher was recommended, however I only had 1% on hand, & it worked fine for me)
- Crushed Oreo Cookies (optional.. I saved a little but extra from my Oreo Truffles)
- Make cake mix according to directions and bake in a well-greased 9×13 pan.
- Just before cake is done, start making pudding.
- In a medium bowl, add milk to pudding mixture and continue to whisk until most of the lumps are removed., & let sit for about 2 minutes (You want it to thicken slightly so it isn’t runny, but NOT fully thicken into pudding)
- When cake is finished, while still warm, poke holes all over cake (about 1-inch) intervals using a wooden spoon handle
- Pour pudding mixture over the cake.. try to aim for the holes.
- GENTLY spread mixture with a spoon evenly over cake.. taking special care to get pudding into the holes.
- Place in the refrigerator so that in can cool completely.. for about an hour.
- Once pudding mixture is set, sprinkle Oreo crumbs on top of cake (if desired)
Serve cake & refrigerate leftovers (HA, leftovers.. good one)
When I made these desserts, I didn’t actually plan on blogging them, so sorry there are only a couple of pictures! You can check out where I got the original recipes from (I changed some of the ingredients/steps slightly) by checking out my Pinterest board “Pins for the Win” .